Wednesday 14 September 2016

#3 Draw a machine

The next card stated 'Draw a machine'. I pondered over whether to draw an imaginary machine or a real one and initially opted for the former.


It was quite tricky working out what would link with what as I was just making it up as I went along. Looking at it now, I like the drawing more than I did at the time. It doesn't really matter that it wouldn't actually function as a real machine! 

I then turned to photos I'd taken of an old printing machine at Bradford Industrial Museum.The madness of all the different parts, shapes, lines and numbers is what interests me. Going for a quick drawing approach meant that I didn't get too tied up in trying to draw every bit of detail, but it still gives a feeling of interlinking parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment