Wednesday 14 September 2016

#2 Open a book and draw an illustration for it

Having had fun with the 'eyes closed' drawing challenge, Andrea offered me a prototype set of 20 drawing cards, each with a different task, to test drive. It's a great opportunity to stretch my mark-making, although a little daunting when I give a quick glance through the cards. 

I have set my own parameters:
Do one a day.
Always take the next one from pack so there's no picking the topics I feel comfortable with. 
Don't spend hours on the tasks - I want to make quick responses with deliberate marks.

The top of the pack reads 'Open a book and draw an illustration for it'. What a scary start but I've said I'll do it!

I am currently reading 84 Charing Cross Road. I opened it at a random page which was about a book signing event on a rainy day and how the author felt about book signings. 


In most circumstances I would have taken fright and said I couldn't do it, but I did it. I actually like having this constraint of just having to get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment